FIRE FIGHTING SYSTEM
A. APPLICABLE CODES AND STANDARDS
In general, the most stringent directives of the following local standards and NFPA codes are applicable.
- Vietnamese Standards
- TCVN 5307-2002: Products of Petroleum Storage Design Requirements
- TCVN 2622–1995: Fire Fighting for Building Design Requirements
- Fire Codes of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- NFPA-15 : Standard for water spray fixed system for fire protection
- NFPA-11 : Standard for low expansion foam
- NFPA-20 : Standard for installation of stationary pumps for fire protection.
B. MAIN ITEMS
The fire fighting system for Fuel Facility and Operations Center which includes secondary containment for tanks, pump pad, (un)loading station mainly are including:
- Water tank
- Fire building including
- The water cooling/extinguishing system
- The foam extinguishing system
- Fire alarm system.
- The firefighting equipment (spread over the site like hoses etc..)