1) The project is designed to focus on environmental protection
- TCVN 5307-2002: Storage of oil and petroleum products- Design requirements.
- 20 TCN-51-84: Outside drainage network of the building. Standard design.
- TCVN 4088-1997: Number of climate data used in the construction
- TCVN 4474-1987: Inside drainage. Standard design.
2) Measures to protect water
To ensure environmental hygiene the drainage system will be executed as follows:
a) Clean Water Drainage System
All rainwater falling on areas not related to loading, unloading or not at risk of petroleum contamination is considered as being clean. This waste water flows over the slope leveled ground and is collected in drain ducts and then discharged out without treatment.
b) Contaminated Water Drainage System
Rainwater which drops on areas related to loading, unloading and which is at risk of being contaminated with petroleum such as:
- The secondary containment of the tanks at the fuel facility
- The pump pad at the fuel facility
- The test stand at the fuel facility
- The loading and unloading area at the operation center
- The technical pad at the operation center
- The maintenance pit from the truck repair shop at the operation center
- Water from fire fighting tests
- Tank cleaning water
- Water coming from the reclaim tanks
- Water from the laboratories in control building
This waste water will be drained to a separate drainage system that leads to the oil water separator to elutriate the oil and ensure a deposition of sediments.
Then the waste water has to be processed through waste water treatment facilities: e.g. a distributor of SEMULTECH.
Through this device the waste water will finally meet the requirements of the Vietnamese standard TCVN 5945-1995 when discharged and will be the non-polluting the surroundings.